As the most you might know, we’re getting married next summer (summer 2018). At the moment there are about 5 months to the day. Earlier I wrote a to do list of things to do before the wedding, you can find it here.
Wedding Planning Update: 5 Months to the Wedding
So What’s Already Done
Above: I’ve been exercising quite much lately. I’m happy to be in a better shape than I was couple years ago 🙂
- We have booked the reception, we’ll get all foods, drinks, decoration and some other things from here
- We have booked the church
- I have chosen bridesmaid and found dress for her
- He has chosen bestmen
- We have booked honeymoon flights and done some planning, read more about our honeymoon plans + learn how to book flights for a multi-destination trip!
- We have booked hotels for the first week of our honeymoon
- I think I have lost enough weight – I started this project January 2015 and from there I’m over 30 pounds (over 15kg) down from there, I just have to keep it where I am now
- Booked the photographer for the day and for pre-wedding shots.
- We’ve been looking for the ring, however, we’re thinking that probably we’ll just go with our engagement rings
- Hairdressers and makeup artist booked for me and the bridesmaid
- I found and ordered the dress – it should arrive a month before wedding
- We have started asking people if they’re available that day (unofficial save the dates)
Above: I’ve got a whole of travel inspo from Architecture & Desing Facebook page. In this screenshot is Marina Bay Sands Singapore – we’ll be staying one night at this hotel and I cannot wait to explore this infinity pool!
Above: Looking for some more travel inspo and ideas in Nordic Travel Fair in Helsinki January 2018
To Do for the Next Couple Months
Above: Another hotel found from Architecture & Desing FB page. We haven’t yet booked this one but this Ayana Resort & Spa Bali seems to be a good option. Looks very Instagrammable and unique!
- Book the rest of the hotels for the honeymoon
- Do some general planning about the wedding and the honeymoon
- Start working on playlists and music
- Find a DJ
- Order and send the invitations (yep, this one is still not done oops!)
- Find shoes, bag and other accessories for me
- Take some time to meet reception staff and plan the flowers and taste the menu
- Take time to have prewedding photoshoot / plan when we’ll have that
- Find dress suits for the groom and his bestmen
- Figure out what kind of hair and makeup I want
Above: These are the best shoes so far. I want something white or beige I could use after the wedding as well. These are from Högl which is one of my favorite shoe brands – their heels are always super comfortable and classy. Anyhow, I’d prefer white shoes so I’ll keep looking.
Above: I’ve been collecting screenshots about beautiful hairstyles. Also, Pinterest is a great place to collect inspiring photos about wedding stuff. 🙂
Check out the earlier update to see how we’ve progressed: