Hey there, I’m looking for ideas on what to do in future. Also, I’m wondering if there are some international companies I should start following that you guys think could be good matches for me.
I’ll be studying for 2-3 more years and simultaneously working and running my own company in Finland. However, within 5 years I want to find an international position which could be in for example in the USA, Switzerland, Singapore, Sweden or Norway. I want to end up working and living in the US sooner or later but I’m open to exploring other places on my way there.
My background (after 2-3 years from now):
- Education: Licensed medical doctor(valid in Europe if taking patients), BBA with marketing/management major and entrepreneurship minor, personal trainer degree
- Work experience: 9 years of being a professional in the area of technology, 4 years in sales in other fields, 2-3 years of running own business around content creating, blogging and photography
- Languages: Fluent English (US) and Finnish, okay Swedish which I could make fluent in couple years
- I’ve lived 12 months in the US earlier but otherwise in Finland and I’m Finnish citizen. However, I’ve been traveling around a lot
What I’d love to do:
- Help others to feel better and spread solutions improving wellness
- Solve problems, for example, using technology, apps, books or training
- Inspire and get inspired by my work and team every day
- Get a deeper understanding of human well-being and how technologies like apps and AR can help us provide more wealth
- Travel for work or example as a trainer or to meet international customers
- Use my skills in written communications to benefit the company – maybe I could create some materials for the company
- I want a position that’s either professional or management/leadership level
- Flexible hours and the possibility to do some days remotely would be a plus but not must
- I love doing presentations, being on stage and talking to others
- My job could be a combination of multiple positions in same or different companies, as long as the week remains approximately 30-60 hours per week
- Customer and employee experience and wellbeing are important to me and the company should have these in their values
- I prefer a company that wants to have diverse teams and work ethically. I believe the diversity of backgrounds and cultures people are coming from are good things and I want to learn from different colleagues.
- Salary should match the years I’ve spent in the university, better salary and/or lower taxes than in Finland would be great but not mandatory
- I prefer big, international employer where processes work well and it’s possible to get promotions or positions to overseas countries as well
What I would not like to do:
- Sit in the office 8am to 4pm every day
- I don’t want to sell stuff for the rest of my life even though I’m good in it
- Because of ethical reasons, I cannot see myself working for a drug store or manufacturer
- Hospitals aren’t the optimal environment for me either
- I’m too extrovert to spend much time in a research lab
Where do you guys see me in 10-20 years? What positions you think would be good matches for me? What companies would you start following if you were me?