Are you planning to improve your life this year? Do some resolutions now and stick with them! Resolutions and checking them time to time during year have helped me to become more successful and achieve even more I probably would without them. The key is making some realistic goals and making sure you work every month to achieve them!
Last year I was dying with my schedules. I really wish 2018 will be a bit better for me. Those schedules were mostly because of two things: my school and the fact I had two jobs simultaneously. I know I’ll be busy this year too but I’m trying to plan things even better to make sure I can manage my school, work, blog, social, etc. Below you can read my goals for 2018.
Above: ready for a nightshift in the hospital
1. Studies & Work
– Pass all the medical courses
– Do at least 30 credits (15 US credits) of economics
– Do my best everyday at work
– Earn money for a) wedding and honeymoon, b) some investments and c) start saving for 2019 travels
– lmprove my Photoshop, Premiere and Lightroom skills
– Figure out some ideas what I’d love to do with my life in a long run
– Finish my smoothie book project (finally!)
Above: Homemade green smoothie bowl, yum!
2. Live Healthy & Look Good
– Exercise at least 3-5 times a week
– Try at least 3 new sports
– Eat more greens and learn new healthier recipes
– Keep drinking a lot of water
– Cook healthy food more often
– Get more fit body – more tight muscle with the same or little lighter weight
– Find time to relax every week
Above: Holiday Inn, Hamburg. Hotel life, here we come once again next year! ❤️
3. Travel & Explore
– Travel to at least 5 countries, of which to at least 3 new ones
– Have a mini holidays in Finland at least twice
– Do posts about Finland too
– do honeymoon travel planning + post about ideas and plans
+ If possible I’d like to participate in at least one blogger meeting / event
Above: tools of a blogger – Mac, camera, notebook, pencils and some cute items to make those photos cool
4. Improve My Social Media & Related
– Publish quest post(s) in this blog (read this if you’re interested in a collab!)
– Write at least 2 articles to somewhere else
– Do at least 5 sponsored posts
– Get more visits, visitors, likes and comments than last year
– Get back on track with Instagram and Blog’s Facebook
– Be more active in LinkedIn and keep it up to date
– Leave more comments to blogs and Instagram
– Figure out how to make a career around social and creativity
– Be more constant and do 2-4 posts every week – no more than that. My focus will be on quality and consistency
– Raise my domain authority (now: 26.1) and page authority (now: 38.1), do these with better SEO and commenting blogs with higher ranks
– Add at least 100 new photos to Shutterstock
Above: The pupper man – next year I wish I could spend more time with him and my friends
5. Be Social
– Meet friends and do something fun as often as last year
– Network with some new people in areas I’m interested
– Use LinkedIn to learn from others and to discuss
– Find new people to follow and start reading books and listening Podcasts
– Organize something fun with friends at least 4 times this year (wine tastings, beach volley, board game nights, etc)
– Use more time with our puppy and go trying some new things like agility
Above: Finding some motivation from beautiful things like my MacBook Pro, Vallila’s design notebooks, high quality pens and some flowers.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2018? How you’ll make your life even better this year? Did you find some motivation from this post?
I am someone who doesn’t like using the word resolutions as somehow by end January I would have forgotten so I set monthly goals which keep me accountable. You have some impressive goals set, go luck with school, I am doing some postgraduate schooling too
I know that the name Resolutions doesn’t always sound good. I love your idea of monthly goals! I’m so busy that I would have hard time scheduling those so these yearly ones work better for me but I think there isn’t only one right thing to do this. As long as it keeps you improving it’s a good habit. Good luck with your goals and happy new year! 😄
Ah good luck with your resolutions! Impressive set of different things, roll on to the end of the year & we all see how you’re done. Good luck, don’t exhaust yourself 🙂
Thanks Jas! Cannot wait to see we’re I’m in a year 😄
I love your resolutions. I guess we all make our own list and hope to do them all or at least half of it. I have my resolution, too, and I hope I could really make justice to my list. Though I should make it ibto writing. Everything is inside my head only.
I like that you have specific target. That makes your goal easy to manage because you’ve set your expectations. I particularly love your work goals on social media and blog. I wish you all the best and that I may do the same thing. That two sponsored post is a great target.
Thanks for your comment! I wish we both will achieve your targets for the year 2018. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed reading my about my resolutions, probably now you can turn your goals into similar list to keep on track how you’re doing. 😄 Happy 2018!
I liked reading this and I found some pointers for myself…Here’s to achieving these goals one day at a time
I’m happy to hear you found this post helpful, Phaytea!
You’ve covered all aspects of life well in your new year resolutions! All the best with your goals and happy new year to you 🙂
Thank you darling! And yes I did, because I have room for improvement in every of them. Happy New Year to you too! 😄
That’s sure a lot of achievements to cover. Happy 2018!
Yep, I’m very determined to cover them all. Happy 2018 for you too! 😄
Well, don’t over stress yourself into it! Remember, its not only what you achieved, but also the quality of the achievement!
That’s a good point. Doing those all well for sure would be better than just doing them. I’m also trying to find some time to relax. 😄
Good luck with achieving as many of those resolutions as possible this year. You could be busy.
Haha, I sure will but I have it will be a fun year at the same time. 🙂
I am so excited to see your smoothie book project! I love smoothie bowls and I have trouble coming up with new recipes. Happy new year!
I’m happy to hear that you love them! I’m sure my upcoming book will help you to find some more delicious recipes, Sara! Happy new year!
Olipa kivasti toteutettu postaus, kun olit laittanut yläotsikot ja jakanut ne pienempiin tavoitteisiin! Toivottavasti sun vuosi olis mahtava ja saisit tavoitteet saavutettua! 🙂
Kiitos palautteesta! Kiva, että tykkäsit ja kiitos 😄