Do you love coconuts and almonds? Looking for something with tropical flavors? Raffaello cake is the answer to your calls! Perfectly coconutty cake with a hint of almond.
The lovely soft texture of the cream combined with coconut makes this one easy to love. Perfect cake for holiday dreaming night or just enjoying a night with friends.
Note: This cake is part of a cake party cake series including 7 sweet and 2 savory cakes seen below
1/8: Almond Lemon Cake
2/8: Banana Vanilla Cake
6/8: Raffaello Cake (Almond & Coconut Cake) (this one)
7/8: Lingonberry Caramel Cake
8/8: Scandinavian Style Savory Sandwich Cakes x2
I did all these cakes for one party including celebrations of multiple birthdays, anniversaries and other important days of the participants.
Raffaello Cake (Almond & Coconut Cake)
Base: Almond Sponge
Sugar + vanilla powder
Flour (1/3 almond flour, 1/3 wheat flour, 1/3 potato flour) + 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pour all the eggs into one glass
- Take 2 additional glasses and measure sugar and flour with these. You should have the same volume of eggs, sugar and flour
- Pour eggs and sugar into a mixing bowl
- Whisk the mixture until it forms a white foam
- Add flour and mix firmly
- Cook the cake in a 6” (15 cm) cake pan in the oven in 440F / 225C for around 10-15 minutes
- Cut 2 the base into two pieces
Note: You can also cut a piece from a bigger sponge with a mold like I did
1/2 cup (1 dl) Whipping cream
1 tsp. Vanilla creme powder
2 tbsp. Sugar
1.75 oz (50 g) Mascarpone cheese
1/8 cup (1/4 dl) Coconut milk
2 tbsp. Coconut flakes
- Whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla creme powder
- Mix the mascarpone cheese into the whip, the mixture should have an even texture
- Take one base and soften it with half of the coconut milk
- Add an even layer of mascarpone whip mixture on top of the base
- Add coconut flakes
- Top with the second base and soften that with the coconut milk
- Leave to into fridge for at least two hours (preferably overnight) before decorating
White Chocolate Cream
- 1 cup (2.5dl) Whipping cream
- 75 oz (50g) White chocolate
(White chocolate ruffles)
Prepare the White Chocolate Cream
- Whip the cream
- Use a microwave oven to carefully melt the chocolate
- Mix whip and chocolate together
Decorate the Cake
- Cover the top and the edges with the white chocolate cream. Put a thin even layer to edges and a bit thicker layer to the top.
- Decorate the top with coconut flakes
- Use the rest of the white chocolate cream for pipings. You can pipe the edges and/or the top. If you wish you can also add white chocolate ruffles on top of the cake.
I think most people either like or hate this cake. How about you, have you ever tried Raffaello cake? Did you like it?