Are you looking for a delicious snack without artificial sugar, wheat or butter but super yummy and nicely sweet? I found this recipe about a year ago from a Finnish blog called On My Way and I’ve cooked this with my bf couple times every month since, we have done couple small modifications to the recipe – like decreasing the amount of coconut oil to half. I hope you love this bread as much we do!
Healthy Banana Bread – Sugar-Free, Gluten Free, Milk Free
2 tsp baking powder
0.5 dl (1/4 cup) raw cacao powder
1 tbsp protein powder (vanilla flavored or other one you like)
A hint of salt
A hint of vanilla powder
1 dl (1/2 cup) rolled oats
A handful of sunflower seeds
0.25 dl (1/8 dl) coconut oil
0.5 dl (1/4 cup) oat flour
0.5 dl (1/4 cup) almond flour
- Preheat an oven to 180C
- Melt the coconut oil (I usually put in a small bowl and put that into a bigger bowl full of hot water)
- Smash the bananas
- Add the egg, baking powder, raw cacao powder, protein powder, salt and vanilla powder to the banana smash and mix thoroughly
- Put the melted coconut oil into the same bowl and mix well
- Add seeds, flour and rolled oat and mix
- Pour the mixture into a paper covered baking pot
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy
Hint! If you don’t eat all the bread in 1-2 days freeze it and enjoy half-defrost.
Do you have some healthy and delicious favorite snacks? What are those?
So yummy! I love banana bread and it actually sounds great to add a little cacao powder to the mix 🙂
I’m happy to hear I’m not the only one loving it. I hope you like it with cacao too! 🙂
This looks really good. Love that it’s got raw cacao powder in it as well because I find that so tasty!
Julia // The Sunday Mode
Thanks Julia! 🙂 I love raw cacao as well and together with bananas it makes a nice slightly sweet combination.