This cake is fresh but still nice and sweet. If you don’t do lemon cakes often be prepared that this one might surprise you with the balance of flavors and sweetness.
This one isn’t the most typical what comes to the shape either. If you prefer typically shaped cakes with a lot of complicated decorations. The flavors of this one will probably work that way too but personally, I enjoyed the unique shape of this one – it was also nice to do a bit more simple cake for a change.
Note: This cake is part of a cake party cake series including 7 sweet and 2 savory cakes seen below
1/8: Almond Lemon Cake (this one)
2/8: Banana Vanilla Cake
3/8: Apricot Chocolate Sunflower Cake
4/8: Raspberry Chocolate Mirror Cake
5/8: Blueberry White Chocolate Mirror Cake
6/8: Raffaello Cake (Almond & Coconut Cake)
7/8: Lingonberry Caramel Cake
8/8: Scandinavian Style Savory Sandwich Cakes x2
I did all these cakes for one party including celebrations of multiple birthdays, anniversaries and other important days of the participants.
Almond Lemon Cake
Base: Almond Sponge
A hint of vanilla powder
Flour (1/3 almond flour, 1/3 wheat flour, 1/3 potato flour)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pour all the eggs into one glass
- Take 2 additional glasses and measure sugar and flour with these. You should have the same volume of eggs, sugar and flour
- Pour eggs and sugar into a mixing bowl
- Whisk them until they form a nice white foam
- Add flour and mix
- Cook the cake in the oven in 440F / 225C for around 10-15 minutes
- Cut 3 pieces of sponge with different sized bowls, the layers should be approximately 6” (15cm), 4” (10cm) and 2” (5cm)
1/4 cup (1/2 dl) coconut milk
1/2 cup (1 dl) Lemon Curd https://www.dansukker.fi/fi/resepteja/helppo-ja-nopea-lemon-curd.aspx
1/2 cup (1 dl) Whipped cream + 1 tsp vanilla creme powder + 1 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. Almond chips (natural)
- Take the biggest of the three bases and soften it a bit with coconut milk, then top it with an even layer of lemon curd, then add a layer of the whip and some almond chips.
- Add the middle layer and repeat
- Finally, add the last layer, soften it with a bit of coconut milk and start the decoration
3/4 cup (1.5 dl) Whipping cream
2 tbsp. Almond crunch
1 slice of fresh lemon (or a yellow flower made of marzipan)
- Whip the cream and cover the cake with an even layer of whip
- Decorate the bottom edge of the cake with an almond crunch like in the photos
- Add a slice of lemon or marzipan flower on top of the highest point of the cake
What kind of cake designs you guys prefer? Do you prefer going with something simple like this one? Or do you enjoy complicated masterpieces?
Again, such a fabulous cake recipe!! ❤ I have mentioned it before that I love lemon cakes haha so this one is again a perfect match. I am a big fan of yummy but very easy recipes. Looking forward to the other recipes.
There is a lot more cakes coming this year, so stay tuned! I’ve fallen in love with the fresh lemon cakes too lately so I think there will be more lemon recipes coming in the future 😄
What a wonderful recipe!
Thank you ☺️