The first travels of 2018 are just around the corner! We’ll be soon heading to one week holiday to Geneva and Ibiza. We’ll be 4 days in Geneva, Switzerland and 3 in Ibiza, Spain.
Neither of us have never in either so we’re pretty excited. We also found flights that were very inexpensive so have some more to spend in the locations. I’ll be of course going with my camera to explore those places and share them with you guys.
In Geneva we’ll stay in a valuably priced hostel 30 minutes from downtown in a small cute town called Nyon. In Ibiza we’ll have a beautiful luxurious hotel by the beach.
What’s also cool is that we’ll be changing flights couple of times so we can explore plenty of airport lounges into which we haven’t yet been. I used to hate changing flights but lounges have changed my mind – free wi-fi, ac, complimentary food and drinks, etc. Not too bad way to wait in the airport.
If you travel a lot, you should definitely find a way to access the lounges while traveling. Are you guys interested in reading more about lounges and how to get an access to them?
Things to Explore in Nyon, Geneva and Ibiza
- Explore the downtown for couple of hours and take some photos of cool views there
- Les Délices à Nyon – a cute cafe in downtown
- Intenso Gelateria e Caffetteria – a small ice cream bar with great views to the downtown
Places to See
- Geneva lake fountain, Jet de Eau (500 liters of water to 140 meters into the air every second)
- Seeing lake Geneva in general, picnicking / eating somewhere near it
- Pâquis Batshs (Bains des Pâquis) (outdoor pool & relaxing spot) – Also, cheese fondue with affordable price should be available in here!
- Conservatory and Botanical Garden Geneva (Conservatoire et jardin botaniques Genève)
- Patek Philippe Museum (watch museum)
- Maison Tavel (historic architecture museum)
- Vielle Ville (the old town)
- Jardin Anglais (English Garden) and the Mouttes
- Bibliothèque municipale de la Cité, the biggest local library in Geneva
- Climb the Tower at St. Pierre Cathedral (South with windows, from North tower panoramic views outdoors)
- Go see the home of United Nations + the sights around the building
Thing to Do
- Geneva Motor Show 2018, if you’re interested it’s open for press tue-wed 6th-7th March and for public thu-sun 8th-18th March
- Free walking tours around Geneva
- Shop groceries from COOP stores (I loooove COOP food, it’s just a grocery store but the quality has always been amazing at least in Switzerland, yum!)
- COOP Restaurant Geneve Fusterie (I must try this because I like their stores so much haha)
- Explore Balexart shopping mall
- Go shopping (or at least check out the windows) in Rue du Marché, the main shopping street in Geneva
- Go see the animals in Parc Animalier Pierre Challandes zoo
Beaches and Beach Activities
- Get tanned at the beaches
- There should be gorgeous beaches in the south in Platja de Ses Salines
- Explore beach Boulevards
- Take a boat tour around Ibiza with Chartelia Boat Rides, they will show the best places to snorkel, show us the island and sunset, etc.
- Snorkeling around with our brand new GoPro
Culture, Food and More
- Dalt Vila ”Upper Town” amazing views from this place located in the old town
- Explore the night life – This is what Ibiza really is known for – and there seem to be all the top artists and djs playing, and there are some huge, popular clubs in there
- Explore some great (seafood) restaurants – Ibiza seems to be full of good, inexpensive restaurants, yum!
- Castle of Ibiza, more great views from there!
Photos are from Pixabay, I’ll share my own after visiting these locations 🙂
We don’t probably have time to explore everything on my list. Anyhow, all these seemed worth visiting at least with googling. Let me know where would you go and where you would not go and why!
Have we missed something we should definitely do or see in those locations? Tell your thoughts and tips in the comment section!