Are you graving something delicious that would be easy to make and fresh and sweet at the same time? New York cheesecake is a classic that’s super easy to make, the ingredients can be found basically in every grocery store – and if you serve it with some berries it’s also nice and fresh.
200g Digestive cookies (graham cookies)
600g cream cheese
200g kvarg or thick yoghurt
1/2tsp Vanilla powder or extract
1tbsp Lemon juice
Fresh berries of your choice, I used strawberries and blueberries
- Cover a bottom of a round baking pan with a baking paper.
- Crush the cookies and put them in a bowl.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the crumbles and butter and pour the mixture into the baking pan, tamp it evenly to the bottom of the pan.
- Put the pan into a fridge for 1-2 hours
- Heat oven to 170°C / 330F
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, the mixture should be nice and smooth
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and cook in the oven for 1-1.5 hours
- Turn of the oven and let the cake stay inside for 2 hours with the oven door open
- Chill the cake in fridge for at least 4 hours – preferably overnight
- Remove the cheese cake from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand
Decorate with berries of your choice (I used strawberries and blueberries)
This New York cheesecake was not probably the fastest one to make but this sure was easy and delicious one. I love the fresh berries balancing the cake. However, if you prefer something sweeter you can try some other toppings too. For example jam and cream could have worked nicely with this cake.
Have you ever done New York cheesecake? What have / would you eat with that?