Summer and salads are a perfect match. Salads are healthy, fast to make and they help you gain and maintain that bikini body of your dreams.
This salad includes some fresh and healthy greens, some vitamin-rich apples and peppers and some broiler and brie cheese for protein, there is also some olive oil to offer you healthy unsaturated fats that keep your skin and hair healthier.
I found the original recipe in Finnish from K-ruoka webpage. If you want to read that original Finnish version, please click here.
Broiler Brie Salad
600g (1.3 lb) broiler, cut in bites
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
hint of black pepper
1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 iceberg lettuce
1 oak leaf lettuce
200g (1/2 pound) brie
200g (1/2 pound) peppers
around 180g (1 1/3 cup) nut mix
Ingredients Dressing (H2)
1/2dl (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
a hint of salt
a hint of black pepper
- Heat up a frying pan and fry the broiler bites with some hot olive oil. Spice with salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Wash the lettuces and drain them dry. Then screw them to smaller pieces and place those to a bowl or plates.
- Mix the dressing ingredients. You can either mix the dressing with lettuces or you can serve it separately.
- Cut brie in pieces, slice the apples and peppers.
- Roast nuts in a hot frying pan (do not add any oil or anything, just heat up the pan and put the nuts in for couple minutes).
- Place brie, apples, peppers, nuts and broiler bites on top of the lettuce mix and enjoy!
What are your favorite summertime foods?