Tasty, balanced and valuable wines are great but sometimes hard to find. Today I’ll share my top 3 wine founds of the month. There will be two whites and one red with short reviews. All of these are excellent, especially when compared to price – all are between 8-15€ (around 9-17$) per bottle.
Below I have photos, basic information and reviews of my new favorites. In case you want to learn more about tasting wine check my previous post! I have also written about my more professional wine tasting experience in Paris and wineware that will help you to host your own tasting.
1. White: Villa Maria Private Bin Organic Sauvignon Blanc 2015
– Origin: New Zealand
– Grape: Sauvignon Blanc
– Price: 8€ / 38cl (around 9$ / 13oz)
– Appearance: Clear, yellow tone
– Aroma: Very strong and nice scent! Can be smelled from shoulder level. Smells like currants
– Taste: Very fresh tasting Sauvignon that has a lot currants (red & white), some citrus and herbs and hint of minerals in taste
– Pair with: seafood and mild young cheese such as goat cheese or young gouda
2. Red: Cecilia Beretta Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso 2013
– Origin: Italy
– Grape: Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone, Negrana
– Price: 15€ / 75cl (around 17$ / 25oz)
– Appearance: Beautiful bluish red color, some more orange color can been seen at the borders. This wine also has some legs.
– Aroma: Aroma is quite strong and includes primarily berries and cherries, after whirling you can also smell spices and chocolate.
– Taste: This wine is full-bodied and the taste is berries and spices with some oak. This would be a perfect Chrismas wine!
– Pair with: meat, chicken, strong cheese
3. White: Devil’s Rock Riesling 2014
– Origin: Germany
– Grape: Riesling
– Price: 8.70€ / 75cl (around 9$ / 25oz)
– Appearance: Clear, greenish yellow color.
– Aroma: Nice however mild aroma of citrus, pineapple and some apple.
– Taste: Medium dry, fresh taste with lots of pineapple, mildly herbal aftertaste.
– Pair with: Enjoy itself or pair with mild young cheese, fish or chicken.
Ps. There is still couple more days left to take part in this months giveaway (which has wine theme btw)!